Since the beginning of the world, Satan has used an effective strategy to tempt individuals to disobey God. He employs this method repeatedly because it is so powerful.
Using the story of Adam and Eve, Dr. Stanley reveals this strategy of the Enemy. It can be represented by five key words:
- Doubt. Satan begins by prompting us to question God’s instructions and commands.
- Denial. He tells us we are the exception to the rule and will not face the consequences of our sin.
- Deception. What he tells us is convincing because it is partially true.
- Discord. Satan will tempt us to blame others for our sinful choices.
- Dislodge. Through our sin, the devil wants to remove us from a place of intimate fellowship with God, ruin our testimony, and destroy our peace and joy.
This message will help you learn to recognize the Enemy’s strategy so you can more effectively resist his attacks.
This sermon is part of the series “Discovering Our True Identity.”